First Baptist Gulfport was established in 1896.
The Story Continues...
This new expansion was completed in 1915.
And Further Still...
In need of additional space for worship, First Baptist constructed this 1,500 - seat Sanctuary. It was completed in 1968.
On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina came roaring through the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Her winds and waves took their toll on the facilities of First Baptist Gulfport. The facilities were deemed as a total loss.
After Hurricane Katrina destroyed the facilities located in downtown Gulfport, the church family voted to relocate and construct a new facility on 35 acres one mile north of Interstate 10 on Hwy 605. After meeting in Gulfport High School for three years, the church's new home was ready for occupancy. First Baptist held its first worship service Sunday, August 10, 2008, nearly three years after Katrina destroyed the facilities downtown.
12190 HIGHWAY 605, GULFPORT, MS 39503
with offices at 11975 SEAWAY ROAD, SUITE B240, GULFPORT, MS 39503
Sunday Services at 9AM and 10:30AM